On Saturday, Ben and I had a little treat and I bought salmon fillets for dinner and cooked them in my absolute favorite way – FOIL PACKETS. These savory fillets are so good and I had to share!
Salmon and Asparagus Packets!
2 salmon fillets
1 lb asparagus
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp Herbs de Provence
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for coating foil
2 tsp white wine
2 tsp capers
salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and set out 3 foil sheets (approximately 1 sq foot each)
- Rub a little olive oil (or non-stick spray) on each of the sheets.
- Place the salmon fillets on 2 of the sheets and the asparagus on the 3rd.
- Drizzle the asparagus with 1 tsp of Olive Oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut the lemon in half and two thin slices from the middle, squeeze the outer lemon parts over the salmon fillets.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of butter on the center of each of the fillets and top with a slice of lemon.
- Top each of the salmon fillets with half each of the remaining ingredients (1 tsp white wine, 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence, 1 tsp of capers) and then salt to taste.
- Fold the 3 foil sheets up into packets. Make sure the sides are folded up and wrapped in so nothing drips in the oven.
- Place all 3 packets on the center rack of the oven and cook the salmon for 15 minutes and the asparagus for 15 – 20 depending on the texture you prefer.