Over the past 24 hours I have made two delicious new recipes – Roasted Tomato Soup and a Paleo Mug Cake! The roasted tomato soup that I made is AMAZING. I was originally looking up recipes for tomato sauce and decided I would just make soup instead. Here’s how I made it:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Place 6 roma tomatoes sliced in halve, 1 onion quartered, 6 cloves of garlic on a baking sheet.
3) Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4) Roast for 1 hour (or more depending on your preferences)
5) Put the roasted vegetables in a blender and puree
– I actually only used the garlic and tomatoes and threw out the onions because I’m allergic
6) In a soup pot or dutch oven, pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth and heat over medium heat.
7) Throw in chunks of vegetables of your choice (I used carrots) in the broth as well as the pureed tomatoes.
8) Turn up the heat to until the mixture boils.
9) Toss in 2 cups of pasta of your choice and boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
10) Turn the soup down to simmer and cover.
BOOM. DELICIOUS. It made 5 servings for me, my lunch for everyday this week!
The Paleo Mug Cake was from The Wannabe Chef, and it tasted like a brownie!!! However it was WAYYY too much cocoa powder for me since I’m not the biggest cocoa fan, so I would probably just cut back on that amount for next time.
Today I went for a run and NONE of my joints hurt. It was a pretty big step for me after the past 2 weeks and it means I can start nailing down a fall half marathon since I had to change my date for my recital. My run today was at my goal half marathon pace too! Tomorrow we are doing squats at CrossFit – which means I’ll have to be super careful to protect my knees and keep them strong.
Mileage – 4.25 miles, yoga
QOD – If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.